blue bus solid axle adventure

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
would it really be that bad?i wont be driving in 4wd all that much but off road so not that fast and i was thining of making a square driveshaft. i know people clock the stock cases when they use the chevy low pinion axles so it would be the same thing. i think the ford one would be better because i wont have to redo the whole exhaust and i can keep the stock t case and linkage. i want to eventually go 8 lug and would get the hp dana 60 if i go ford route or would be chevy dana 60 with 241.

out of my 2 options.
A. keep the 10b and 241 i have now and redo whole exhaust and make cable shifter for 241
B. ford lp dana 44, stock t case only redo y pipe and later on swap in 8 lug hpd44 or 60

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
im not trying to go much more. i just figured it may endup taller than 6". i guess if it does i can drop the overload spring from the pack. all i plan to run is my 35s ive allread got which i cleared with 5" (3" body and 2" crank and block) i want to use the fab worx kit and that give 3" and what i read was stock 52s give like 4-5 inches

Last edited:

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
just going to use what i got. going to get axle geared for 456. found a front shaft for 50 from a guy i sold some parts to. need to get some cash for it. reman trans will cost around 1500 so thats good since thats what i had to spend. thinking of the sky 2.5 brackets or get some square tube and make them since i allredy have the hangers from diy4x. since ill save a lot by making them i ws going to get the wfo frame plate kit http://www.wfoconcepts.com/pr/88-98-Chevy-1-2-Ton-Front-Frame-Plate/4154/4579 and shock hoop kit from them. rear spring hangers will probably be off a c10 as well like my original plan. going to be similar to the other budget build on this site. rear will be shackle flip and my 2inch blocks and ill see how much more or less it needs to go to be level

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
got the trans in 2 weeks ago and been driving it around. went to my buddys house this weeknd to weld the fram horns back on. found out my upper ball joint nuts were scary loose and if the cotter pin wasnt there know knows what would of happend. need to get exhaust fixed to fir the headers. the leak is annoyin the crap outa me. got ball joints too, need the spanner tool for upper ball joint and to get the passenger knuckle machined. also need the spindle rebuild kit and hub seals and i can get the axle closer to being done.

going to get some brackets made of a guy on gmfs. should work out good and give me the height and look i want with my 35s

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
thanks for tip... ill have to spare a socket

side note found out my front axle has 4.10s in it so im going to either regear the rear 10b for 4.10 or find a 14sf and regear that. guy off gmfs is going to make the spring brackets for me for cheap so need to get some more money saved and get em. trucks been driveable for 2 weeks now. has a massive exhause leak like no other and cats really clogged up on it. think t stat is bad too it wont head up at all

the big blue bus

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
made my hangers bolt on for mockup... picked up from angle iron today for brackets too. 4ft piece for 20 bucks. not sure if the front hangers will give me enough lift but ill go with it and see how it ends up
You must be registered for see images attach

does this look like a good shackle angle/placement with no weight on it? not sure how to set that up