Auto to manual speedo trouble

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Conman1181

Reaction score
Hi everyone, fairly new here. I just finished up converting my 1995 Z71 to NV3500. I've got the back up lights hooked to the trans, having trouble with the 2 wire indicator switch on the transfer case, it may be bad, not wanting to work. I can connect the wires directly to each other and the indicator lights work, but doesn't when I put them on the switch. My biggest problem is the speedometer isn't working. Is there certain wires I need to connect from the auto pigtails to get it working?

Conman1181

Reaction score
Hi everyone, fairly new here. I just finished up converting my 1995 Z71 to NV3500. I've got the back up lights hooked to the trans, having trouble with the 2 wire indicator switch on the transfer case, it may be bad, not wanting to work. I can connect the wires directly to each other and the indicator lights work, but doesn't when I put them on the switch. My biggest problem is the speedometer isn't working. Is there certain wires I need to connect from the auto pigtails to get it working?
It turned out to be the extension harness that's used on 4x4, so the pigtail can reach the rear of the transfer case, it was unplugged.