Any way to lift a hitch?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
After lifting my rear bumper 3" I notice my hitch looks stupid! Is there a way to raise the hitch up to the bottom of the bumper like it was before? Now it's an eye sore (at least to me) and really irritating me. No name on the hitch. As far as I know it could be stock, it was on the truck when I got it.
You must be registered for see images
[/IMG]

Yes, I know my rear axle looks like ****. And no, not all the oil stains in the driveway are from the truck :)

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Maybe just make a filler panel to not affect the strength and legality of the hitch?

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
If you don't actually use it, cut the old brackets down and remake them.

Vigh_J

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I was thinking about mounting some lights on the top of the hitch, it would fill the gap and be beneficial.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
I was thinking about mounting some lights on the top of the hitch, it would fill the gap and be beneficial.

I may go with your idea, the reverse lights dont work that well with tinted windows anyway.

vervepipes

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
or expanding on that idea, how about utility floodlights you could turn on to help while you're working outdoors, maybe that's not needed where you are but I know here where the sun gets up before lunch and is setting by 4 in the winter flood lights would be very handy!

darren250r

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can sell that one and get a hidded hitch made for lowered trucks that have a receiver behind the license plate. It should look like stock on your truck.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
Receiver behind the plate? I just want to lift my current hitch so it sits up under the rear bumper.

JJZ71

OBS for life
Reaction score
or expanding on that idea, how about utility floodlights you could turn on to help while you're working outdoors, maybe that's not needed where you are but I know here where the sun gets up before lunch and is setting by 4 in the winter flood lights would be very handy!

I hear ya.