Antenna options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just bought a 96 Z71 and the factory antenna is a little worn/bent/crappy. Was wondering what you guys suggest for a new one. Was thinking about just getting a 5 dollar used one off craigslist, but wanted to make sure I don't pass up a chance to do something different/better.

chevyman0191

OBS till I die
Reaction score
I went to the junkyard and got me another one off another gmt400 for a couple bucks that was good and straight, then cut it off to make a shorty antenna with a rubber cap on the end then painted it.

RyanMerrick

8 Lug
Reaction score
I would also like to find a better antenna. My antenna hits every support beam in the parking garage I park in, but I'd rather have a more flexible antenna than a short one. Ideas?

skylark

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I would also like to find a better antenna. My antenna hits every support beam in the parking garage I park in, but I'd rather have a more flexible antenna than a short one. Ideas?

How about a power antenna and just lower it before you get into the garage?

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think I'll try the junkyard first just so I can get by for now on the cheap. I don't really have any CB radio experience, but I was just randomly wondering... can you replace the factory antenna with one that will work for FM/AM and CB? I like the idea of having a CB but not the big antenna...

IOWNJUNK

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I don't think anyone knew you were talking about CB antennas

davidfite1978

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wasn't in the first place LOL... just got to thinking while reading the replies. Like I said originally, just want to make sure I don't pass up a chance to do something different/better. Sorry for the confusion