Alarm/security

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

VALBOLSKI

Reaction score
So I was driving down a bumpy, rough dirt road, and this fell out, from underneath the dash right by the OBD port. I'm thinking maybe an alarm system, that I didn't know my truck had. and if it is, is that OEM? But I'm totally at a loss on that round thingy hanging down. Anybody have any ideas?
You must be registered for see images attach

kennythewelder

Officially Retired, B31-3 (6-G) certified welder.
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Could be an alarm system, kind of looks like one, but not OE for sure.

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you can find a part number on the main plastic housing somewhere you can probably plug that into Google and figure out what it is.

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's definitely an aftermarket system. As stated, Google should be able to help identify it. The round thing hanging down is an audible noise maker. That's the part I usually toss in the trash! You may be able to get an updated version of the module that is a plug and play to the existing harness if the company is still in business. Otherwise, carefully remove all corresponding wires to avoid future problems. I have removed many of these in my shop days that were causing malfunctions in the cars they were hacked into. Not a lot of installers are good about doing a professional job, so they usually end up causing problems.

letitsnow

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
It's definitely an aftermarket system. As stated, Google should be able to help identify it. The round thing hanging down is an audible noise maker. That's the part I usually toss in the trash! You may be able to get an updated version of the module that is a plug and play to the existing harness if the company is still in business. Otherwise, carefully remove all corresponding wires to avoid future problems. I have removed many of these in my shop days that were causing malfunctions in the cars they were hacked into. Not a lot of installers are good about doing a professional job, so they usually end up causing problems.

I had an '05 Yukon that wouldn't start sometimes. Ran awesome and started awesome most days, but every once in a while it would turn over but not start. I spent over $2000 at different shops, trying to fix that problem. It ended up being an aftermarket security system that was hidden up under the dash from years ago. I ended up selling the truck at a loss, and the new owner figured it out after trying for 3 years. Nobody could pay me to add an aftermarket alarm or auto start.