Aftermarket rear diff cover

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What kind of aftermarket rear diff covers is anyone on here running?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

someotherguy

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
The Mag Hytec stuff is very nice. But you have to ask yourself what your goals are with replacing the cover. The MH gets you easier fluid drains, and some added cooling benefit, as well as extra capacity at least on the trans pan - how much cooling benefit is anyone's guess; maybe they've published some numbers on their site.

One thing that does concern me is that they are cast aluminum. If you're doing offroading (which I'm not and obviously sewlow isn't either) and crease the cover against a rock or other hard surface, it could break it. Seems especially a possibility with the transmission pan. A factory steel pan will get dented or possibly punctured depending on circumstances, but that cast aluminum has zero give. Don't get me wrong; I'm sure they are strong pans but materials can only be abused so much; something that might dent a steel pan and still let you get home, will leave you walking with a broken aluminum one.

Richard

sewlow

Bitchin' Stitchin'
Reaction score
Good points. ^^^
And yea...My trucks stop where the pavement ends! Lol!
Speed bumps would be my biggest concerns with the '98 having one of those pans. An aux. cooler for the trans would probably have the same benefits, without the possible detriments.
The rear cover is up inside the truck far enough that there is lots more that could face damage before anything hit it.
But on a 4X4? That's a bunch o'dough to have exposed to anything & everything that could take it out a lot sooner than a stock cover.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MH here........its lifted and it will not see any offroading.......its actually getting dropped....

You must be registered for see images attach