Adjustable Fuel Pressure Regulator?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Sideburnz

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to thank everybody for the valuable info!

The reason I wanted to increase fuel pressure is because I am add a ported & polished throttle body, the Vmaxx manifold spacer along with a functioning ram air hood. So yes more air flow! I would really like to go with the marine intake but it's just not feasible at this time.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Just to note. Those hp numbers don't include power enrichment either. So subtract another 20-25% on the hp.

Sent from my Samsung S20 using Tapatalk

They will actually support a little over 400 at the crank without running out of fuel. Most injector calculators assume 0.5 BSFC. Most Vortec head small blocks are a good bit better. In the 0.4 to 0.45 range.

Schurkey

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reason I wanted to increase fuel pressure is because I am add a ported & polished throttle body, the Vmaxx manifold spacer along with a functioning ram air hood. So yes more air flow!
I'm not seeing anything in that list that would make a difference other than to lighten your wallet and give bragging rights over the other folks at the drive-in.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I want to thank everybody for the valuable info!

The reason I wanted to increase fuel pressure is because I am add a ported & polished throttle body, the Vmaxx manifold spacer along with a functioning ram air hood. So yes more air flow! I would really like to go with the marine intake but it's just not feasible at this time.
I'm not seeing anything there that would max out the fuel system. Schurkey is definitely more versed than I am, but from what I've read, this same fuel system at stock configuration is capable of throwing enough fuel through the cylinders even if you bore and stroke it to 383 cubic inches. Sounds like you'd have to go forced induction to need anything like that, and at that point, you'd be better off with an aftermarket fuel system anyway. That said, to each his own.

Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not seeing anything in that list that would make a difference other than to lighten your wallet and give bragging rights over the other folks at the drive-in.

Plenum spacer is supposed to help. Some say it does, some say it doesn't. There's certainly not enough there to tax his fuel system and any increase in airflow will be matched with more fuel because the MAF sees it anyway.

L31MaxExpress

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I'm not seeing anything there that would max out the fuel system. Schurkey is definitely more versed than I am, but from what I've read, this same fuel system at stock configuration is capable of throwing enough fuel through the cylinders even if you bore and stroke it to 383 cubic inches. Sounds like you'd have to go forced induction to need anything like that, and at that point, you'd be better off with an aftermarket fuel system anyway. That said, to each his own.

You can run out of fuel with a 350 but need a big cam and a good set of heads to do it. I had a set of Etec 170s and a fairly mild cam and the injectors were almost maxed out at 70 psi. When the weather was very cold it would run over 100% duty cycle.

The intake base has horrible casting shift and the ports are terrible. Some cleanup goes a long way to helping it breathe better.

RawbDidIt

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You can run out of fuel with a 350 but need a big cam and a good set of heads to do it. I had a set of Etec 170s and a fairly mild cam and the injectors were almost maxed out at 70 psi. When the weather was very cold it would run over 100% duty cycle.

The intake base has horrible casting shift and the ports are terrible. Some cleanup goes a long way to helping it breathe better.
I'm sure a built 350 can require an upgraded fuel system, but he's referring to a polished throttle body, a spacer, and a hood scoop. Not even in the same ballpark. I didn't mean to say that forced induction was the only way you'd need to run more fuel, simply using it as an example.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahuskwulf