Adding daytime running lights to a 95

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1500z71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Again it isn't wanting to see it is about being seen.

It kinda bugs me that it doesn't have them. It really bugs me not having automatic lights after having them for so long.
I think the dealership would be your most reliable information unless someone here has done it.

What?

Reaction score
I'd imagine it would simply taking set up off the truck that has the assembly and install in yours. Look up wiring schematic if there's wiring available for possible direct swap.

Would you consider fog light or so as it's likely to be less of a hassle to install compare to DRL install. Fits your description of having lower light output.

Jacob

Reaction score
You would have to add an aftermarket module, or modify your wiring to match the 96+ trucks with DRLs.

What got me wondering about it is the Canadian trucks had drls in 95 so I didn't know if the wiring was there or if the harness was entirely different. Some of these features the wiring is there and some aren't.

I'd imagine it would simply taking set up off the truck that has the assembly and install in yours. Look up wiring schematic if there's wiring available for possible direct swap.

Would you consider fog light or so as it's likely to be less of a hassle to install compare to DRL install. Fits your description of having lower light output.

My plan is to add fog lights at some point. I always used them on my 11 silverado. The really help to make the critters along the road visible.

vaporlock

A Girl & Her Truck
Reaction score
My truck doesn't have DRL's (has the RPO code T62 Lamp System Daytime Running - Delete), I checked on a pic I have of the convenience center and the slot for the DRL relay doesn't have any wires to it, so I would say it's not there and you'll have to add it. (The DRL relay is located next to the flasher relay.)

whiteboyslo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Food for thought... I put switchback led bulbs in the parking light / turn signal housing. They're a nice bright white until you activate the turn signal, then flip to amber. You'd have to run around with the parking light on, but that essentially gives you DRL, kinda.

Mike

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
This has been asked a few times I know the thread had dropped a bit...
but you can just do a high amp relay and wire them to an ignition source.
Easy peasy
Turn the key forward, lights come on.
Can Even put in an override to break the ground OR the ignition source.
For the record
I have cab lights,4 corner marker lights, mirror lights and LED “driving lights” 4 high mod and all HID head lights.
My **** lights up like a Christmas tree when I’m cruising down the street.
Only thing that isn’t auto is the 4 high mod.
I love lights, my truck is huge and I do not want to hear the excuse OH, I didn’t see you.
When I get into my truck, I want it warm. Seat in the right spot, mirrors unfogged, truck lit and ready to roll.
I got places to be . And we... we are traveling in style

Eskimomann209

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Food for thought... I put switchback led bulbs in the parking light / turn signal housing. They're a nice bright white until you activate the turn signal, then flip to amber. You'd have to run around with the parking light on, but that essentially gives you DRL, kinda.

Mike

That’s cool I had no idea those existed