ABS Light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
The ABS light is on in my truck. I know nothing about these systems, where do I start? It's on my '98 K1500

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Check front wheel bearing sensor wiring, connectors and such. Mine is supposed to be on but its burnt out. I think mine is on because 1 or both front wheel bearings need replacement.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Try disconnecting the ABS computer while the truck is off (both plugs), and leaving it disconnected for a few hours or a day. Then plug it back in and turn the truck on after it's had time to reset. Seems to work for me whenever the light comes on if i slam my brakes too hard.

Tempted

Banned
Reaction score
Checked the brake fluid? Could be a dirty exciter, could be many things.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
Check front wheel bearing sensor wiring, connectors and such. Mine is supposed to be on but its burnt out. I think mine is on because 1 or both front wheel bearings need replacement.

I was told the abs is only on the rear?

1997chevydriver

OBS MAGIC!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I believe it changed it the pickups in 95 or 96. My 94 only has rear abs. my 97 has front and rear abs.

Reaction score
Cheat like I did. Boss had the same issue on her car and I didn't know what was causing it. She took it in for a free estimate and they told her exactly what was wrong and needed to be replaced. I got the front 2 sensors and did it myself.

Rewind

STEPSIDES ROCK!!!!
Reaction score
I did confirm that I do have 4 wheel ABS. Last summer I changed the front brake pads, wonder if I did something to mess up the ABS? Where is the sensor located?

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I believe the sensor attaches to the wheel hub. There should be a wire coming out of the back of it. Here's an example.

You must be registered for see images attach