A/C compressor for 95 TAhoe GM 1134343

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrsavoie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
A/C compressor for 95 TAhoe GM 1134343

Where is the best place to buy a replacement?

We will probably have this vehicle til it rots away to nothing. We are on our 3rd compressor. The previous replacements were new AC Delco's.

All the recomended procedures were taken when changing the parts.

Are these compressors more prone to failure than others?

This compressor is leaking around the seals fron & back.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
AC delco is the best replacement, the other brand's are real pieces of crap, but I understand you have already been through several replacements. I have found through trial and error, that the older style compressor's on these truck's used from 88-95 do not like rpm's above 2500. I went through 4 compressor's within 1 year when I bought my 95, they were all AC Delco's and what happend to every one of them was that when I would drive it hard and get on it very soon after that the compressor would start leaking and making a lot of noise, well on the 5th comp replacement I decided I would try something, so I started reaching up and shuting off the compressor anytime I wanted to rev the engine above 2500 rpm's, that also includes making sure that the defrost is off since the ac clutch is engaged on these truck's during that cycle also. well I have been on that 5th compressor since mid 1997 and I still have it now, with no problem's. Anyway that's what worked for me, I just shut it off if I am going to pass a car or rev the engine up for some reason.

jrsavoie

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
On my 89, Jack Stoltz out of Springfield, Illinois installed an aftermarket A/C. It had what seemed to be a bullet proof pump and was still working when the engine died. The pump more resembled the 1996 and newer models. I'm sure I had it installed on the 89 way before then though.

It seems to me that a similar pump install could be done on the 95 Tahoe. I also have the 94 truck so I guess that would make me doubly interested in a permanent fix

This is a diesel Tahoe so RPM's aren't quite as much an issue.