98 yukon torque converter question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

yukon_rider25

Reaction score
Ok it's a 98 yukon 4x4 the engine just went to knocking recently...I ordered a new gm goodwrench crate engine...while it's out I been reading about doing the torque converter from a s10 or blazer. The stall for the stock yukon is around 1400 rpm of I'm correct and about 1900 rpm. How would it affect the street driving and the feel of the vehicle? I don't tow anything I just do some off road in maybe 5 times a year. Any help is appreciated....

99'Subourbon

Longroof NOOA Member
Reaction score
I've read nothing but good reviews/results for switching in the s10 converter. It's very tame, won't even notice it in regular daily driving (other than in a good way).

yukon_rider25

Reaction score
Would it be ok to get a remaned tc from napa or would I have to go to chevy. I'm also doing the upgraded injectors and headers while I'm at it

df2x4

4L60E Destroyer
Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why don't you just have yours rebuilt? Would probably be a lot cheaper and then you get to decide what you really want in it.

yukon_rider25

Reaction score
No where around were I live to do it and the motor will be in Friday hope to get new engine in by next weekend...I just want a stall around 1900-2100 I just wanna make sure it will be ok and last just like the a stock on that goes in the truck.