98' Suburban - aka Red

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

95Escahoe

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Plan on replacing the dash those cracks will get worse and spread

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TehMater

Reaction score
TehMater, my old suburban had a noisy fan on the high speeds almost a squeal/rattling sound I changed the fan and blower motor resistor when I was in there... Not to bad maybe 30 minutes and $50 in parts and nice quiet fan. The lock issue may be a bad door lock actuator, I've lost one and had only the drivers door lock when you hit the switch.

Both driver's doors lock, neither passenger door does. Front passenger lock is hard to press down, almost acts like it's sticking on something. not sure about the pass. rear, but I'll check it tomorrow.

As far as the blower goes, crawled under the dash as best as I could today and both hooks (the things with springs, what are they called??) were loose and not connected. I was able to get the front one back on, but the rear one keeps popping off. motor works, thankfully!
Planning on pulling the blower motor tomorrow (if I have time) and checking it for debris. As for the sun visors and the sagging headliner, going to tackle that soon, I need to go to my local JY and see what they have in stock.

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Both driver's doors lock, neither passenger door does. Front passenger lock is hard to press down, almost acts like it's sticking on something. not sure about the pass. rear, but I'll check it tomorrow.

As far as the blower goes, crawled under the dash as best as I could today and both hooks (the things with springs, what are they called??) were loose and not connected. I was able to get the front one back on, but the rear one keeps popping off. motor works, thankfully!
Planning on pulling the blower motor tomorrow (if I have time) and checking it for debris. As for the sun visors and the sagging headliner, going to tackle that soon, I need to go to my local JY and see what they have in stock.
I got the same problem on my front passenger door. I hit the lock button from the driver but someone can open the door on the passenger side sometimes. If you figure out the solution make sure you let us know what it is lol!

dcp1992

Instagram - @dcp1992
Reaction score
As for the sun visors and the sagging headliner, going to tackle that soon, I need to go to my local JY and see what they have in stock.

Hopefully you have better luck than me on finding visors. I've been looking for non separated/warped visors for about 2 years at the local junk yards and haven't found any yet.

I might just have to buck up and find an upholsterer that can repair mine.

TehMater

Reaction score
Figured I could cover a couple of things that the previous owner did before i was given the truck. first thing was new o2 sensors, looks like they were a booger to get out!

You must be registered for see images attach

i got a bit screwed with the radio, previous owner did a bit of a number on the wiring.

Seriously. metra connectors are NOT that expensive. ugh.

and as posted before, the blend door thingamabobs. the rear one is out-of-picture here, but i got the one you can see hooked back up. :D

I'll be visiting with another member of the forum later this winter/early spring, he's going to help me go through things and set stuff right that I'm a little confused about, and some misc. wiring for subwoofer amps. :)

TehMater

Reaction score
Hopefully you have better luck than me on finding visors. I've been looking for non separated/warped visors for about 2 years at the local junk yards and haven't found any yet.

I might just have to buck up and find an upholsterer that can repair mine.
mine are pretty well toasted. missing the doors for the mirrors and everything, lights don't work. here's hoping!

TehMater

Reaction score
I had a couple of friends in an online chat wanting to know how my truck sounded, so I did a little walkaround video, sort of exhaust/under the hood/dunno what to call it and I thought, why not share it here? truck has no cats, but I think it sounds quite mean :Big Laugh:

"
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media
"

DaltonB98

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Lol those wires for the radio look about how mine did when I replace it, the PO of my truck thought electrical tape was the fix to all things with this truck:roflsquared::slap:

AK49BWL

GMT400 Forever!
Reaction score
Makes you wanna smack them upside the head with the replacement wiring harness doesn't it? :Big Laugh: