97 chevy C1500 power window repair

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alhutto

Reaction score
I have a verified failed power window motor on my drivers door with the window in the full UP position. After removing the door trim panel and completing 98% of the inner panel removal(two screws left holding it) I am stuck. My factory shop manual and the videos I have reviewed indicate that the window must be in the DOWN position. I need to know how to manually lower the window. I can not get it to move. The regulator with the motor is riveted to the inner pane that I need to remove. The video clearly shows the window in the down position in order to remove the inner panel with the regulator attached. After removal you then drill out the rivets holding the regulator to the inner panel and install a new regulator with motor on the panel and reinstall the inner panel to the window channel
and door.I really appreciate any and all help.
Al

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I have removed several of these with the windows in the full up position, I remove all the bolt's the hold the inner panel on, next there are 2 small metal tab's that keep the inner panel in place and also keep's it from falling when the bolt's are removed anyway lift up and out on the inner panel slightly to release those tab's and then slide the whole inner panel and window down to the point where you can rest the bottom edge of the inner panel on the ground or a block of wood. Now you can slide the window out the inner panel track's and then let the window rest on it's bottom stop inside the door.

alhutto

Reaction score
I really appreciate your info!! I have now removed my panel and regulator and in the process of installing my new one.
Best Regards,
Al

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janitorMike