96 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Funds are tight. Not getting paid right now. How needs ball joints. Anyone have experience with 1aauto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Well I guess it’s their brand. I mean they give lifetime warranty and moog is soooo damn expensive

BOTTLEDZ28

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
DO NOT buy cheap ball joints. Spend the money and buy quality parts. I used Moog on my truck. Its lifted with big tires so I dont get really long life out of suspension parts but I am confident in them not failing 5K miles after installing them.

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think I’m going moog on ball joints. For piece of mind really Unless your at the factory or install them for a living and see them come back broken or not who knows... I have had success both ways. Cheap and expensive as my pocket dictated. However on this project I have to go a little cheap for now to get it on the road. Not doing anything crazy with it. Right now really just a safety issue with current ball joints hanging on for dear life

JackE

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have been in your shoes more than once. I have the know how and the tools, and plenty of time. I have gone the cheapest route numerous times. More than half the time, like way more, the cheap parts last as long as the expensive parts. If I can, I prefer to buy the good expensive parts, but like you, so many times the wallet decided which part I was getting. As long as labor is free, I would go with what you can afford. You will most likely be changing them again in a year, but hopefully by then your situation will have improved. If you're lucky, el-cheapo parts will last several years.

Kv5137kv5137

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yep. My friends a mechanic doesn’t live close but I asked his opinion and he swore by ac Delco professional.. but it’s like 4x the price. Uses them on fleet vehicles he works on. I will barely drive 5000 miles a year on this truck so if I get a year or two I’ll be ok with that. Dead of work yet here and I need this truck now. In the fall I’ll change them out if im not satisfied. And 1a auto will warranty it. Or so they say