96 Tahoe Seats in 88-94 Ext. Cab

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Hi I've been along time reader but I came into a stand still. I haven't seen this on here soo I'm wondering what it'll take to get 96 tahoe seats to work in my 94 ext cab. I know I'll have to drill holes because I have the 40/60. But what stumped me was the 4 pin on the driver seat. Theres a black (obviously ground) 2 orange pins (assuming 12v not sure) and a pink pin. Any info that anyone has would be helpful. Also another question how does the center console bolt in? I see there is 2 holes on the front that you can drill into the floor with but the back has to slot looking plastics. Like it should slot in. Does it? I can get pictures if needed. Thanks in advance!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Did you get both ends of the plug or just the seat side? Its easier if you got both ends of the plug the truck harness side should only have a hot and ground. I put power seats in my single cab and I got both ends of the plug and it was easy. The console has a bracket that it slides into in the back that mounts to the floor.

The only thing with an extended cab is the passenger seat actually goes up further then a regular seat to let people get in the back easier. If a bigger person tries to get in he back it will be hard for them to get in. If its just kids you should be ok.

Reaction score
Did you get both ends of the plug or just the seat side? Its easier if you got both ends of the plug the truck harness side should only have a hot and ground. I put power seats in my single cab and I got both ends of the plug and it was easy. The console has a bracket that it slides into in the back that mounts to the floor.

The only thing with an extended cab is the passenger seat actually goes up further then a regular seat to let people get in the back easier. If a bigger person tries to get in he back it will be hard for them to get in. If its just kids you should be ok.

I just got the one side. My buddy got leather ones so he gave me his old ones. Are they all 12v? The black and one of the orange wires are the same gauge but there is another orange and pink wire that are smaller gauge like a 20 or 22. I didn't know if those wires were for some sensors that the 95-98 had.

Reaction score
Thanks! I wired it up like that and it all works. Now about the center console. What bracket are you talking about? Thanks for your reply last time it helped!

deej-79

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Theres a metal braket in the back of the console that screws into the floor. The console slides into it and then screws down in the front of the console to hold it in place.

Reaction score
Okay I noticed the bracket but the drawer is in the way. How do you get that out? Thanks for all your help!

lester622

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Unbolt all the bolts that hold the console down and the console slides out of the bracket. Shouldn't need to take the drawer out. I forgot if you push it forwards or backwards.