96 SAS hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1sick65malibu

Reaction score
Thinking of doing a SAS on my Tahoe, have been doing my homework right now to figure out what direction I want to go an gather parts for it. Was wondering if a 10 bolt front axle that has all of the dana 44 outer parts with 4.10 gears. That has flat top knuckles so you can run crossover steering and highsteer will work. It is a driver side drop I guess I just need to figure out the distance from the spring perches? Also i dont wheel the truck, most off road action it sees is going to the snow lol. Here's a pic of the axle
You must be registered for see images attach

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Ideally you want to find an axle with a 32" spring perch width. If you run the 36.5" one that's fine until you run larger tires, larger tires rub the leafs. Only time it doesn't matter is when you wanna run coils. But as long as it's driver side drop you should be fine

95Suburban

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
That is not a driver side 10 bolt. It is just upside down. Pretty sure that gm didn't make a 10 bolt driver's side axle.

Sent from my 831C using Tapatalk

Solid94

Chevy Ridin' High
Reaction score
Now looking closer to the pic it is upside down. One perch should be cast into the pumpkin or right next to it. I don't see it in that pic

Djp86mcss

Reaction score
Ideally a 77-79 Dana 44 driver drop. U can put those Chevy knuckles on the ford and it will work ok. I have a 77f250 d44 on my truck. I ran 8" leaves and used a sas kit. They are bolt on but then I welded for good measure once it was all on. I have 75 Dana 44 flat top knuckles but since I run 38s I don't think I need high steer. If u have any questions hit me up here

1sick65malibu

Reaction score
Sorry guy it is a pass drop, when I seen it I didn't look at it close enough to notice it was upside down. On the search for a dana 44 now.

1sick65malibu

Reaction score
Looking at going with the ORU kit and either running 6in or 8in springs (need to see pics of each), for now I'll run my 16.5x12 with the 33s but eventually will get either 22x14 or 20x14 on 35s.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
33's would be small and goofy with 8" springs, thats 11 inches of lift if your using front lift springs and not rear ones. 35s would even be small with that. they made a d44 pass drop as well so be cautious to know what your looking for