95 Tahoe swap to 98 vortec

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mistaake

Reaction score
My vote would be to get a complete running wrecked parts truck so you can move everything over. The Vortec has many differences, even seemingly little stuff like fuel pump, etc. Lots of electrical stuff that's different as well. 1995 was a weird year - 1st year of the new style interior and last year of the TBI engine and OBD1. Everything switched to OBD2 in 1996.

What's wrong with the TBI engine? Is your current engine broken and you just want a bit more power... or what?

ncdmax03

Reaction score
I pulled it out and was going through it and the machine shop screwed me my bill went from 600 to 1900 I had it cleaned heads checked and decked block decked and line bored and rods .10 over and mains .10 cause of spun mains and rods. New valve springs. He told me 600 to 900 depends on how every thing checked out. And calls me and said it needed to be bored .30 over so I sent him all the new parts and he told me that it would be 300 for the bore but I go to pick it up it was 1900 and some change and he couldn't tell me why or show me so I got my parts back and told him to shove it

ncdmax03

Reaction score
So I guess I'll just get me a obd1 motor and wait till I finish my 5.3