95 K1500 Suspension/steering rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thedood

Reaction score
First off my truck is a dd with some dirt roads and and mild off roading tossed in as well. The stance is stock with no lift kit. The truck is a 95 k1500. I have a few questions for those that have done a suspension and steering rebuild along with the 2500 forged lower control arm change. I am thinking that since I am going to be in there anyway and I only want to do this once I am going to go ahead and replace the control arm bushings. So looking at this I can get a Moog Upper control arm compete from Rock Auto for 35 bucks or so: http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4796985&cc=1051063&jsn=463
The ACDelco is 155 bucks:
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4490253&cc=1051063&jsn=473
http://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=4490253&cc=1051063&jsn=473
What the heck gives and why the huge price difference? Would you use the moog or go with the acdelco? I did notice the acdelco has the ball joint bolted in as opposed to riveted. The way I maintain this truck I plan on using good parts and never doing this work again. Anyway I figure buying ready to go control arms will save enough work to make them worthwhile and if the Moog ones are good enough that is a bargain really.

Next up are the lower control arms. I have found these used for 65 a piece or so. I might get them a little cheaper if I find them close and pick up as opposed to shipped. Are the forged arms from the 2500 a better option here that makes them worthwhile? I believe the ball joint is heavier and that seems a good enough reason right there. If I recall this is a direct fit but I would need to buy the new ball joints and I suppose bushings for the 2500. If I go this route I can have everything painted and assembled ready to go on the truck. I would also like to know bolt specs for those if anyone can recall or knows off hand.

If you have any other advice or caveats for this job I would love to see them and thanks in advance for any help.

BeatUp98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just get moog 3 times the prices for factory isn't worth it when you can just get one of the best aftermarket parts for so cheap and with a lifetime warranty. You can spend the extra money for the different lowers I don't really have any experience with them but if you want the piece of mind of being able to just throw everything together and have a slightly bigger ball joint and the cost difference doesn't matter to you then go for it.

thedood

Reaction score
Beat up thanks for replying. Those used lowers I found disappeared. I am going to have the wheels off this weekend and take a look real close and may not even mess with the control arms. Sometimes I am too damn picky and ocd about my stuff.