95 GMC Bagged WOooows!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

stroker87

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
hey guys new to this forum but I was told this is the best one to get info on bagged suspension for these trucks!

well heres the deal, I bought this custom 1995 GMC on bags I found out of of the rear bags was leaking so I bought two new Contitech 2600's simple enough right? NOT! I removed the bed since I wanted to look at the system and do some cleaning and need to fix the diff cover leak, replace some bushings in the rear links and was shocked at how the valves was installed at first then found more leaks at some of the connections

heres a picture of the rear valves have not got to the front yet (sorry for the quality)
You must be registered for see images attach

as you can see there just sitting there! I don't be leave this was the "original owner/builders" work I'm the 4th owner its sad really this was a true show truck that was in truckin' & gauge magazine but any way whats the best way to fix these leaks? the tubes are leaking where the enter the brass nut can I just install a new peace of tube? do I need all new fittings? can the valves be hard mounted or should they be rubber to help with vibration?

besides the leaks the system works pretty good ride quality is good its a york engine driven pump and 8 valve system

if you can please be detailed this is my first bagged truck

Last edited:

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
First off your truck look's awesome, I love the stepside! Also yeah it look's your air mangement need's reworked for sure!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ok first of all I don't like compression fitting's at all, I would suggest good quality all metal PTC fitting's and new air line throughout!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a pic of my air management on my personal truck for reference if you need.

stroker87

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the nice comments! I love the truck it really just needs TLC the basic mantanance was done all long but stuff like the air system, bushings & etc.. was over looked

ok so can you guys post some links to the fittings your talking about? i'm really looking to make the system trouble free dependable as i can, also there is no check valve in the system are they worth the money to have them?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Well you need at least one check valve coming from the EDC to keep pressure from bleeding back the compressor when it shut's off! Some people run them on every valve set some don't.

stroker87

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
can the valves be hard mounted or should they be mounted to some type of rubber?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
They can be hard mounted, if you look at my pic my valves are hard mounted, to me if they are hard mounted that's just one less place they can leak.