95 Chevy k1500 wiring nightmare

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Justice7688

Reaction score
OK well if it
I think IGN-E should have a fuse in it, but fuel-sol is diesel only.
OK so if IGN-E should have a fuse then a wire hit pulled out cause its got the hot wire but nothing on the other side. I'm going to test the ignition system in the next couple days I guess cause it has a new distributor put in and now it's just turning over but not starting.

Justice7688

Reaction score
OK well sorry haven't posted an update lately I've been crazy busy with the baby momma pulling some bs. But anyway tested the fuel pump and everything in the throttle body. Want getting any fuel out of the injectors so I decided I was going to pull it and clean and rebuild it. Well got it apart and this is what I found. I'm pretty sure that is my problem lol. So I went to a local salvage yard I get lucky at sometimes and sure enough they had 2 trucks and one looked way worse then mine. And the other looked like brand new. Long story short I put a 9 volt to it and it clicked so I decided to take a chance and I already have a rebuild kit so I went ahead and got it and I was able to get everything all the sensors breather because of course mine is missing. Asking with a few other little parts I needed all for 25 bucks. I'm super stoked and I'm going that after I'm done with my errands I can go home and rebuild it throw it on and it should fire right up. Cross your fingers for me cause lord knows I need something to go right for me right now and I'm ready to blow this little sunfire up that I've been driving cause it's pissing me off everyday it's something else with this POS. I'll post what the outcome is hopefully tonight or in the morning but I'm sure this will die up if I don't screw something up.
You must be registered for see images attach

Frank Enstein

Best. Day. EVER!
Reaction score
Also how can I tell if I've got the 4l60e or the 4l80e in my truck what's the difference?
One easy way is to find the large round electrical connector. It's grey and about 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter with 15 or 20 wires in it. Driver's side on the side of the trans is a 4L80E. Passenger's side on top of the trans (you won't see it but you can feel it with the trans in the truck) for a 4L60E.

Justice7688

Reaction score
One easy way is to find the large round electrical connector. It's grey and about 1.5 to 2 inches in diameter with 15 or 20 wires in it. Driver's side on the side of the trans is a 4L80E. Passenger's side on top of the trans (you won't see it but you can feel it with the trans in the truck) for a 4L60E.
Yeah we already found out it's the 60e

Justice7688

Reaction score
OK well I got everything on last night but I've got 4 million batteries around here and it seems like not one has been on a maintenancer so their all dead or in the middle of reconditioning. So I put the point that was in it on slow charge for the night. Well this morning went out and tried to start it and it's piping thru the carb and actually spitting gas out at times. I know I had the distributor in it right before I sent it to my buddies where it sat for 7 months but I'm kinda thinking it might be 180 out. But man it was Rittenhouse over and even almost started a couple times but just kept poppin. Any thoughts anyone? I'm kinda just thinking don't it back to TDC compression and starting from scratch now that I know the rest is ready to start. But hey it will ruin today this is the closest it's been in about a year and a half now. No retreat no surrender God I love these trucks lol

Justice7688

Reaction score
OK any suggestions would be awesome cause I'm lost now. It was 180 out and I'm positive I have it right now even redid firing order from scratch just to cross all my t's and dot all my i's lol and it acts like it wants to fire but it's still backfiring. Someone please tell me what I'm missing. I know she wants to stay up today I feel it or maybe i just want to get in this mud over in the field not sure but I've been patent long enough this ****** is going to start soon or else lol

Justice7688

Reaction score
OK so here's a video of what she's sounding like now. And I swear if you give me some news like I'm kinda leaning towards your ******* fired. But I'm not going to say nothing until I hear what you all gotta say. Well I might get to upload it. I've shortened it 4 times and it's almost a picture now and still says to big