94Sierra4x4.. upgrade to 97SilveradoZ71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Well it was a beautiful day today so I got a good solid chance to go out and tinker with the new whip...
after having a good look around under the hood and back near the tank, I didn't notice a damn thing.
So as suggested in the no start thread I made, I swapped the AC relay with the fuel pump relay.. and VOILA! It lives!
It runs flawlessly, man this thing has balls compared the that wimpy 305 TBI! Shifts like a dream.
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

96-1500

Bluenoser
Reaction score
Well it was a beautiful day today so I got a good solid chance to go out and tinker with the new whip...
after having a good look around under the hood and back near the tank, I didn't notice a damn thing.
So as suggested in the no start thread I made, I swapped the AC relay with the fuel pump relay.. and VOILA! It lives!
It runs flawlessly, man this thing has balls compared the that wimpy 305 TBI! Shifts like a dream.

Sweet score man and glad she's working now, that relay trick has gotten me out of a jam before. It's always great to get a good deal on something that appears to be broken. I do that all the time with outboard motors, got I believe 7 in my shed for under 100 bucks combined, and they all run now :rofl:

I know what you mean about the motors. I've always liked the TBIs as they are easy to work on and cheap to upgrade (and you can get some good results out of them pretty easily), but bone stock...huge difference.
I drag raced (neither were my truck) a '96 5.0 vortec one time against a '95 5.7 TBI in otherwise identical trucks, and it wasn't a contest...

Darkrider

Dexter
Reaction score
Nice! Glad to see you got it running already Cole!! And now that i seen your plans for your old truck you are gonna have two sweet a** trucks!!!

97Z71

LOVES GMT400s.
Reaction score
What a steal!! Good to hear it was just a relay..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using Tapatalk 2

94Sierra4x4

All out OBS.
Reaction score
Yeah fellas, I am pretty amped on getting this girl running! Now it's time to make some decisions as to what will happen with them!
My plan for the '94 just evolved...

Blackie..
6.0 LQ4
NV4500
14bsf
4.10s or 4.56s locked front/rear
6" RCX
3" Body
37" meats

Greenie..
Drive till she dies
Use the interior in 94
Rear end in 94
Windshield in 94..list goes on lol

Vortec Lover

Behold the Beast
Reaction score

that's a HUGE win!!! Awesome man! She looks to be in really good shape too.

And yeah, the 5.7 Vortec has way more beef stock than the 305 TBI, haha. What is it, almost 80 HP difference?