92 Blazer 4L60 Shifting strange

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
So up until last week my trans shifting fine and normal, shift to the next gear at 1800 or so. Now it waits until it's at 2500 rpms and shifts in hard. Dunno where this came from as it just suddenly started doing it but I know it's majorly screwing with my fuel mileage so any help is much appreciated

Wildbill0088

haulin' the east coast
Reaction score
Haha this was so damn dumb the throttle cable and kickdown cable were swapped and crisscrossed (probably by the crack head I bought it from) and were binding on each other. So I fixed both the shifting and stiff throttle pedal in one shot. Were probably binding up worse and that's why it was shifting at higher and higher rpms.

jdyates

Ghetto Racetruck
Reaction score
Lol mine was all hooked up correctly but i guess whomever did my rebuild before i owned it didn't adjust it because it was shifting way too early and way too soft, so i did some research, and adjusted the throttle cable. She's like a whole different truck. When i get down on it, it will throw my head back into the headrest.