88-98 chevy oem paint colors

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Chris6060

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
There were also two whites available on these trucks. Gotta check the VIN number to find out which white you have.

For example, mine has Olympic White, not Summit White. My mom's 2010 Camaro had Summit White and the Summit White is much more WHITE, while the Olympic White has a slight beige tinge to it that you can't notice unless you put it up against a Summit White vehicle.

JollyGreen

Metalworking Madman
Reaction score
I didn't think Olympic white was an option on ours? I thought that started on the 800's? Maybe I'm confused.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

97PROSHOZ71

IG - @bad_z71
Reaction score
I didn't think Olympic white was an option on ours? I thought that started on the 800's? Maybe I'm confused.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk

Yeah it was. My white is Olympic, which is weird because I have a sales brochure from 1997 for K1500s and that color was not an option. I did park next to a Summit white and It is a lot brighter than Olympic.

Sent from my Vortec Powered iPhone using Tapatalk

95chev

Fear the Deere
Reaction score
Light quasar blue metallic/Silver metallic
You must be registered for see images attach

88GMCtruck

I'm all 8-Luggy!
Reaction score
Auburn, Wa: From Covington, Wa: Albion, Wa: Pullma
Medium Charcoal Gray Metallic - was a 99 and 00 only color, shared with GMT800 trucks. One of the "rare" colors. So is Josh's Meadows Green Metallic.

Garnet Red Metallic (Chevy) or Brandywine Metallic (GMC) - was an 88-89 only color, the later versions became lighter or darker depending on year.

gmcyukondriver

Built, not bought.
Reaction score
Medium Dark Teal Metallic.

Basically the darker teal. I've only seen 3 or 4 trucks this same color around me.

Here's what I love about it. In the shade, it's very dark and muted, like this.

And in the sun, it's definitely more metallic, like this.

One1999Chev

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Medium Charcoal Gray Metallic - was a 99 and 00 only color, shared with GMT800 trucks. One of the "rare" colors. So is Josh's Meadows Green Metallic.

Garnet Red Metallic (Chevy) or Brandywine Metallic (GMC) - was an 88-89 only color, the later versions became lighter or darker depending on year.
Was the "lt slate gray" also only for '99? My paint code is 13D and I found that somewhere that code corresponds to "late slate gray" but I can't find the color anywhere. I want to colour match some stuff but I am afraid it won't be even close.