8 inch rear drop

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
im already at a 6inch rear drop with a flip kit, im getting drop shackles this weekend, how hard is it to change the pinon angle with the bed on , and what shocks are people with 8 inch drops running?

Devs93

OBS 4 EVA
Reaction score
check the shock thread but to get 8 your gonna need lowering hangers to and i suggest more than a bolt in notch. im guessing you have ext cab your carrier bearing is under the cab not the bed so shouldnt be no prob.

EDIT: I think the shocks will be the same

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
It shouldn't be to hard to adjust the pinion angle with the bed on, I also think you will want more of a notch than a simple bolt in though!

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Back when I was static dropped with just a flip kit on my 95 there was only a finger width between my axle and notch, it bottomed out on everything!

Pierced

Allen AKA BargainJoe
Reaction score
Its not hard at all to adjust the pinion angle with the bed on. I used shackles and a flip kit when I was dropped 8 in the back and same shocks for a 6" drop will work. The bolt in notch is not enough unless you like hearing axle meeting the frame alot lol. I suggest the AVS notch if you don't want to cut you bed.

http://www.avsontheweb.com/product.php?productid=149&cat=482&page=1

NOLA_SoLo

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
well with the flip kit i was running stock shocks plus extenders, so when i put the shackles on the back shock was bottoming out, im now running 98 jimmy shocks plus shock extenders and it rides better

Later Delvin

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd highly recommend checking the pinion angle and making any adjustments with the bed on since it is added weight that compresses the suspension. If you need any 4 degree shims, let me know I have 8 brand new Belltech sets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk