700r4 rebuild options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

nickwhite

Reaction score
i bought my 89 k1500 about a month and a half ago and ive been working and working on it since. when i bought it i was told it was just the tourque converter that was ed and it would stall when in gear and at a full stoop. so i said lets go for a test drive so we pulled it out and i was driving normally and i get up to speed and rpms where itd normally shift and it just keeps revvin up and i says to him is it going to shift? he said put it to the rug so i did and it winds up a bit and slams into second and from there it shifted kind of find and we got back to his place and as im backin up into his car port it stalls like 4 times before i had it parked (because it definetly did stall with no throttle and some brake) anyways i talked him down from 2500 to 1200 cause the tranny and the other problems i found. so on the drive home the next day i lost 3rd and OD and some times second. after lookin at the ATF a second time the fluids just full of metal shavings. my question is would this tranny be worth rebuild and would this kit come with everything to make it right again? http://www.monstertrans.com/store/p...,-Mega-Monster%2dIn%2dA%2dBox:-1987%2d93.html

nickwhite

Reaction score
are you happy with yours? would this kit include a "shift kit"?

91Bluestreak

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
From the little bit I've driven it I'm very happy with it. I did the rebuild myself and learned alot about auto trans. I think you could build a better kit then this for less/same money.
Yes it does have a shift kit, witch I also replaced my seperator due to it being worn out (witch is what burned my trans up)

rhino

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
do not get if you are going to take it to someone to let them install it.... Just let them buy the parts. If you show up at a transmission shop, with that box of parts, it will cost you around 4-5 hundred to get them to pull it out, and build it. Then you already have 500 in parts, why not just take to the shop and let them do it all. If anything happens and the truck breaks down, all they have to say is you bought faulty parts. you won't have any warranty. That box kit is made for someone to do it yourself. We are getting $950.00 on a 700R4 rebuild with a shift kit. That's pulled out, rebuilt, 1 year unlimited mile warranty. My advise, if you are going to take it to a transmission shop anyway, let them get the parts.