50K miles HD with an unknown bent frame in Muskegon, MI.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
I was disappointed when I saw "bent frame", but I really have no idea how it's bent. I'm just reading the description.

Pluses:
Low miles
Not a diesel

Negatives:
bent frame?
TBI Gen5 454, and not a Gen6 Vortec
pictures don't show rockers, that I noticed.

tpass

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
to me it looks like it was smacked fairly hard on the right rear axle, looks like the spring and axle are off kilter. It also looks like the frame is concave under the spring perch.

Not great detail in the pics but if you can get it for $250 it would be worth it for the engine and 4l80e tranny

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
to me it looks like it was smacked fairly hard on the right rear axle, looks like the spring and axle are off kilter. It also looks like the frame is concave under the spring perch.

Not great detail in the pics but if you can get it for $250 it would be worth it for the engine and 4l80e tranny

I do see where the tire was shredded, and the axle looks crooked, but I'm not seeing the frame damage..... Could be that it's because I can't blow the picture up on my computer.

I'm sure it'll go above $250.

I'm not considering it myself. I just thought I'd pass it along since there is some HD interest here on the forum.

1998_K1500_Sub

Nitro Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's this, a bandaid on the frame? See red arrow.

Looking at the back of the frame, above the claw hitch, the two ends of the L&R channels don't seem aligned, as though there's a twist in the frame. Maybe it's the perspective of the camera.

The channel across the back, to which the claw hitch is mounted, looks like it's been busted-off on the right-hand side... compared to the left-hand side.

:popcorn:

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Moofus02

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Looks to me like it sheared the center pin on the rear spring. Make a kick but parts truck

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
What's this, a bandaid on the frame? See red arrow.

Looking at the back of the frame, above the claw hitch, the two ends of the L&R channels don't seem aligned, as though there's a twist in the frame. Maybe it's the perspective of the camera.

The channel across the back, to which the claw hitch is mounted, looks like it's been busted-off on the right-hand side... compared to the left-hand side.

:popcorn:

You must be registered for see images attach

I thought maybe the plate by your arrow was from a bed of some sort being attached and then removed. I guess it should be assumed they stopped using it for some reason, at such low miles. The low mile municipal trucks I usually see, still in good shape, are those operated by a fire dept. I saw a plow truck a year or two ago that was fire dept. owned. It was in fantastic shape. Trucks like this are normally higher mileage (125K-ish) and have been used for paving work.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Looks to me like it sheared the center pin on the rear spring. Make a kick but parts truck

Yes, maybe body parts, glass, engine/trans, maybe dash..... I didn't really pay attention to the interior.

Actually, on that trans, I think it would need the tailshaft changed out unless going into another HD.

It all depends on what someone needs/is-working-on.