5.7l 6.6l or 6.0l?!?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you get a tune on a 6.0 and keep your foot out of it, and drive it normal you can get some decent MPG's.

Blue95

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes 6.0l=363ci... I would still suggest a 6.0 swap... The best way to get good mileage is to pretend there's an egg under your right foot :waytogo:

364 cu.in. if we want to split hairs. if he wants better MPG then the current 350 then the 6.0 is not what he wants, that burban has alot more weight and pushes alot more air and is lifted on big tires. But yes, driving like a grandma is very helpful! That's how I drive.

BlackBeauty

No I'm Awesome
Reaction score
364 cu.in. if we want to split hairs. if he wants better MPG then the current 350 then the 6.0 is not what he wants, that burban has alot more weight and pushes alot more air and is lifted on big tires. But yes, driving like a grandma is very helpful! That's how I drive.
Haha alright you caught me :lol:... But I still think with the 6.0, the advancements over the years, plus the extra torque will result in better mpgs than the 350... I've tried to drive like a grandma, but what can I say, I'm a kid who wants to get up and go... but I realize what I'm doing, and work like hell to pay for it.

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Rebuild the 350, do the normal tbi mods, headers, and call it good, if you want to save money on gas, swaping to a different engine or going carbed is going to net you worse mileage or take a long time to make that money spent on the swap back on the gas savings. What gears do you have? and what size tires?
Im running 3.73 gears with a set of 315/75r16

The big beast!

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Haha alright you caught me :lol:... But I still think with the 6.0, the advancements over the years, plus the extra torque will result in better mpgs than the 350... I've tried to drive like a grandma, but what can I say, I'm a kid who wants to get up and go... but I realize what I'm doing, and work like hell to pay for it.

haha ya im still 18 so i like floor it all the time! but i end up working a full time job to pay for the gas! haha

JParker2012

Freedom isn't FREE
Reaction score
363? im guessing you talking about 6.0s, i think one of the 6.0 trucks i was talking about ( my grandpas before he passed and it is now my uncles) has only pulled over 12 once, but usally only get about 8 average, but it does sit a lot, and its an 03 with not even 40,000 miles on it.
This can be accounted for by a heavy foot, and some models like the denali's, and silverado ss's are AWD witch would also account for loss of mileage. Also I will say I dont belive the denalies got the lq9 untill the nnbs body style, but even then they upgraded it to the same 6.2l that the escalades have from 07 - current

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Denali's and Escalade's and also the Vortec Max truck's had the LQ9 in the NBS as well!