5.7 TBI 5-speed stumbles when I let off gas

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

skunkfunk

Reaction score
I've got a 1991 K1500. The initial issue was stumbling under load. I replaced the fuel regulator and the EGR solenoid (due to a code) and that seemed to fix the stumble under load. Now I have this most curious symptom wherein it stumbles when I let *off* the gas. If I leave it in gear and let off, say on the interstate, it does this weird lurching for a while. Pushing in the clutch in the parking lot also sometimes makes it think about dying, though it hasn't yet.

Anybody else had this issue?

livelifewideopen

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Idle air control, or EGR valve itself not just the solenoid. when my 88 tbi 350 5 speed used to not run at idle it was a bad EGR valve. this isn't an expert opinion just giving some input tho haha

Lewis1129

Reaction score
I had a similar problem with my 91 5.7 5 speed. It would do it real bad in parking lots and drive thrus and places like that. All I did was removed the vacuum tube running to the egr valve and capped it at the source. Solved it completely.