4L60E Shifting issue after rebuild

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dillon

Reaction score
Truck: 98 GMC K1500

So about a month ago my transmission wouldn't go into overdrive or something like and so we rebuilt it. The problem now is after we put it back in it doesn't seem to shift at all and also the manual gear don't even work either. My uncle thinks that it wont shift out third gear I don't know if that makes sense but all I know is it doesn't shift at all but the reverse works just fine and whenever you hit 30 mph the rpms go up high and by the time you hit 55 mph the rpms are at 3500.

Any help with this would really be appreciated.

jkeaton

It’s been real
Reaction score
Who rebuilt it? If a shop, take it back. If you did it, well, something was not done right. What all was "rebuilt"? What was replaced? Need to provide more information.

Dillon

Reaction score
My dad did it and everything was replaced. Checked all kid the plugs and it's not getting power to the tansmission

Jrgunn5150

Enjoying tomorrow's success today
Reaction score
If you have the solenoids messed up, it should be locked in third. You should have third and reverse. Look at the wiring harness in the pan if this is the case. Also they sometimes get pinched up by the firewall

Dillon

Reaction score
Figured out the problem, my dad put the band in wrong and it wedged the pieces together but I had a shop go ahead and redo it.

Thinks for the ideas though!