4l60e doesn't always go into lockup when warmed up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
When I first bought my truck which is a 1996, it had a trans from a 98 model. I could tell from the bell housing. Anyways, 1-2 shift was kinda harsh, 2-3 would jump rpms(about 2-300rpms), 3-4 would come out of gear and just hold the same rpm for about 3 seconds then go into fourth. And sometimes it would not go into lockup I figured it was just from the wrong trans. I got a rebuilt one from a pull a part from a 96. I could tell it didn't have many miles at all. When pulling it I busted the front pump so I used the pump from the old trans with a new gasket and everything. Well this trans does the same thing just not as bad. When I say the same thing I mean shift wise. When it was first put in I went down the interstate and played in it, once rpms were wound tight if went to shift but just got rev limited until I let off the gas. Tonight when I was headed home I played in it again and it perfect for 1-2 and 2-3. Then it wouldn't go into lockup again. I'm completly stumped. New tps and brake switch btw