4L60E bizarre problem.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6chevy9

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
its a replace deal im pretty sure. im no expert but in my mind the faster it spins is how it engages, like a centrifugal clutch since its not really conected to anything. it just holds fluids and clutches im pretty sure. so somting inetrnal is ****** up i would imagine.

NacIK

aka Dirty Hoe
Reaction score
The converter lock-up is controlled by the computer. My 'hoe started to do it once I took off the egr lip off of my throttle blade. I need to get a stock TB and replace it. I want to hook up an circuit and LED to the wire for the TCC to see when it locks up and opens.

90'rado

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yeah the TCC lockup is controlled by the ECM/PCM. I'd look into the tune first and see if it's okay. It might be time for a new converter. The reason I got away from auto's is there are too many what ifs and open ended possibilities. I rebuilt a 4L60 (700r4) a couple years ago and had to get some tech support along the way ffrom a local guy I know that has built automatics for 25+ years. He told me he still learns new things about autos after all this time! Best of luck to ya, let us know what you figure out.

longbed

Reaction score
its also controlled by the brake switch thats on the rod of the brake pedal....Had a similar issue with mine, and thats what fixed my issue.....Any lights on on the dash?

arcticryder85

Reaction score
no lights on the dash. all switches and sensors are working correctly. doubt its a tcm since everything else works properly. leaning toward bad converter. going to leave as is and going to buy a new truck instead of shelling out 1500 bucks on a tranny and converter. i'll just keep this old '94 as a spare truck.
thanks for the help guys!

arcticryder85

Reaction score
talked to a guru whos been working on chevy trucks for 20 years and he figures its a sticky solenoid valve and/or pressure sender. says its and easy fix just in the pan. I will keep you guys posted if it works or not. might not be soon. buying 2000 yukon denali with 60000 orig miles tomorrow.
thanks guys,
Russ