456s in a factory 1 ton

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
yes, it was a optional ratio, it was also standard in the military version 1 ton(called m1008 cucv 1 1/4 ton in military) of the 73-87 body with the 6.2 diesel with th400 and detroit locker

wish i had the money it would be good for mu mudtruck if it would fit in a 1 ton

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
im thinking ifs its from a 1 ton dump truck
yes that was a ifs diff, i was trying to figure out what your line of thought was here with your quote of what i said, didn't know if you were saying the m1008 stuff would make a good mudtruck or that 9.25 ifs diff

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
yes that was a ifs diff, i was trying to figure out what your line of thought was here with your quote of what i said, didn't know if you were saying the m1008 stuff would make a good mudtruck or that 9.25 ifs diff

whoops well i dont have the cash to sas it but 456s would be nice in it if i could get a rearend to lol its just a toy that doesnt go on the road

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
whoops well i dont have the cash to sas it but 456s would be nice in it if i could get a rearend to lol its just a toy that doesnt go on the road
i know those kind of toys, mine is only run once or twice a year.

a sas can be done fairly cheap if you use stock gm 73-87 parts for the spring hangers(much cheaper than the oru $700 brackets) and you can use 73-87 52" long rear springs for cheap which is like using 73-87 4" lift front springs but flexes much better.

LoudnLifted88

Small Block Grim Reaper
Reaction score
i know those kind of toys, mine is only run once or twice a year.

a sas can be done fairly cheap if you use stock gm 73-87 parts for the spring hangers(much cheaper than the oru $700 brackets) and you can use 73-87 52" long rear springs for cheap which is like using 73-87 4" lift front springs but flexes much better.

my grandfather has a 87 blazer that i would like to get the front end springs and stuff but idk what the gearin on it is ill have to talk to him about it when he comes home from florida

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
my grandfather has a 87 blazer that i would like to get the front end springs and stuff but idk what the gearin on it is ill have to talk to him about it when he comes home from florida

most likely 3:08 gears, that seemed to be the most common for those, for a sas with 73-87 parts you need the front frame brackets for the front of your leaf spring and then you need the rear shackle hanger from the rear springs from a 73-87 frame, you flip it upside down to use for your front spring shackle

like this
You must be registered for see images attach

front hanger with 52" rear springs before bracing with a new crossmember(regular front springs move the hanger back on the frame so easier to brace)
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited: