454 TBI Running very rich

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Recently dumped some money in this truck after I noticed a gas leak from a rotted gas tank. Replaced tank with new sending unit and tank along with new fuel lines and filter. While I was under there I decided the exhaust was pretty bad as well so I replaced Y pipe all the way back and deleted the cat. Also put in new 02 sensor. The truck had a little hesitation before and ran a little rich but was very drivable. Now after the new exhaust install the truck is running so rich it will almost stall on a takeoff. Idles bad at first startup but seems to get better in closed loop. When the truck is up to speed it drives fine around 2000 rpm with no issues. WOT it will stumble then get up to speed. New Parts are a basic tuneup (Cap rotor wires plugs) new egr map and Iac. I am still driving the truck but it is very scary pulling out on a intersection when it stumbles. I had a scanner on it for a min or so and o2 was very low in gear at idle around 300-350 so its very lean causing the fuel dump. The manifolds still leak a little bit (don't feel like doing that job) but im not sure if that's causing the o2 to read lean. Its not my scanner but I am downloading tunerpro so I can scan on my computer. Anything else I should be looking for? MAP seemed ok when scanning before.