454 Info Needed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hzemall

Reaction score
First time poster here.....

I have a 92 C3500 with a 454 TBI in it. I want to remove the TBI system and install a 4bbl intake for my FAST EZ EFI. Does anyone know what 4bbl intake will work on that motor? Does anyone at least know what the heads would be, I can figure it out from there.

Thanks guys.

SAATR

/\___/\___/\___/\___/\
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You should have peanut port truck heads, so a dual plane oval port intake should work well, such as an Edelbrock 7561, which is a Performer RPM Air Gap for oval port heads.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
87-90 tbi 454 used a carb intake with a water donut adapter to mount tbi, i use a edelbrock performer 2.0(non egr) with that waterdonut but you can use whatever adapter, i also run vortec heads to bump the compression up.

why change from factory tbi to aftermarket??

hzemall

Reaction score
Mine is a 92, it's definetly a straigh TBI manifold

I'm going to the FAST EZ EFI system and it uses a 4150 style mount for the throttle body.

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
Mine is a 92, it's definetly a straigh TBI manifold

I'm going to the FAST EZ EFI system and it uses a 4150 style mount for the throttle body.
yes 91+ the intake was a tbi only, just 90 and older used a spread bore cast iron intake with a adapter
but why change from one injection to another?

outalne94z71

Bouncing Truck Maker
Reaction score
if you swap to vortec heads it helps quite a bit for power which in turn will somewhat help ecomomy as it does not work as hard, going to roller cam and rockers will help you as well