411 pcm swap question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

85SS/85GN

Reaction score
hi

i have a 1998 silverado 2500 with a vortec 350 and a 5 speed manual trans. im question is has one done this swap before with a manual trans? is there anything else i need from a swap with a auto trans.

big_mike

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
You should just have to find the right wiring diagram for a manual trans since your truck is already a stick you'll have a factory harness. The right diagram should show you which pins to re-pin for the swap or any splices you might need. I'm lookin at doin this swap real soon but I'm a auto. If you look down a few threads to my thread there is a link to a good write up on the swap with lots of info. You might find exactly what you need over there.

Aloicious

Hired Goon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
hi

i have a 1998 silverado 2500 with a vortec 350 and a 5 speed manual trans. im question is has one done this swap before with a manual trans? is there anything else i need from a swap with a auto trans.

yes, I swapped to the 411 PCM back when I was an auto, then swapped the auto out for a manual, its basically the same with a few less pins, and you'll need to tune the PCM differently. read this: http://www.gmtruckcentral.com/articles/12200411.html it should help out