4 to 5 leaf spring

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
my truck has the 4 leafs in the back.one is sagging and half broke .so i need to replace the leaf packs..can get em for 50-75 bucks a piece at the salvage yard.. i was wondering how much would it raise the rear up if i put the 5 leafs under it.lookin for about 1.5 inches in the back to level it out.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have those springs under my truck. they really only raised the back about 3/4 inch, maybe as much as 1 inch. They are much better springs than the 4 leaf ones i think.

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i do know the 4 leaf is rated for about 1500 lbs and the 5 leaf is for about 2000 lbs so they are better.. well even if they only lift 3/4- 1 inch i will get em anyways .gotta change em both anyways and there the same price..someone told me for 2 inches get the 6 leaf ones but that just sounds a lil to much for a dd.wanna keep it unstiff as i can

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Its completely worth it man. I dont think the ride is substantially worse with the 5 over the 4. im with you on the 6 leaf, I think that would be overkill.

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
What do you get the 5 leafs out of? Model and year?

note that pickup, suburban, and tahoe springs are all different lengths. If you want 5 leaf springs, look for 3/4 ton pickups. some, but not all will have it. 6 leaf and 8 leaf springs seem to be on 1 ton trucks. Anybody feel free to correct me if im wrong about this.

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
the place im probably gonna get them from makes u measure the ones on ur rig for correct fitment and only wants 50 bucks a piece.i thank ur right about the 6 and 8 leaf packs

dirtridinz71

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think the F44 package equiped trucks (rear 14b sf) have 5 leaf packs standard. You would gain more lift from going with new 4 leafs then used 5 if your springs are sagging any amount. Or just replace the one broke leaf and put in an aal while apart. Good chance when you replace the springs you will need new shackles and/or bushings as the bolts hardly ever come out.

cstiles90

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
will torch it in wd 40 before i do it. new ones are out the picture there bout 160 a side.replacing just one might make one side higher than the other idk i have considered doing that and adding blocks but dont want the rear end uneven

thohill

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Definitely dont go mixing and matching on anything with these springs. get 2 used from same truck or 2 new, i wouldnt mess with rebuilding.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bturner333