4 horns?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

rantler

Reaction score
Hey all. Got a 98 K1500 rcsb. This sucker has 4 horns which to me didn't seem very OEM. Two are infront of the condenser and two are infront of the battery (on the passenger side).

It seems only two are connected to the wiring harness (one in each location).

Can someone shine some light on where the OEM location is? And yes.....the horn is very loud!

Eveready

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The standard horns were usually 2 notes. The Cadillac and high end Buick and Olds horns added two more notes and sound like an oncoming train. That is likely what you have. I have all 4 for mine but have not yet installed them. As to location, I am unsure as to OEM. Someone who has taken more trucks apart will likely know.

Each horn has its "note" stamped on it so make sure you have 4 different notes. Best practice would probably include a 2nd relay to handle the extra pair of horns. Good luck, welcome to the forum and be sure and let us know how this works out.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
My 99 was built late enough during the GMT-400 run that it got Fiamm horns instead of the traditional Delco horns that GM had used for years. What brand do you have? I don't know when the change took place.

rantler

Reaction score
Thanks all. Seems like they've been doubled up!

My radiator support in the front is pretty dam rotten, looks like ill have to get a new one or pull a decent one from a junkyard.

RichardSwinger

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I actually went and fabricated brackets and wire splitters to make my 1998 K2500 a 4 horn, but mine is probably a little more redneck than yours. Can you post some pictures?
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk