4/6 drop on 96 chevy

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 1996 chevy gonna drop it with a 4/6 waqs originally gonna buy 22's but was told I can fit 24's. Does anyone have a chevy on 4/6 with 24's? What size tires and width? Any pics if possible thanks

97Bowtie1106

it's not a lowrider!!!
Reaction score
you may be able to fit 24s depending on the offset of the wheels but your ride would suffer horribly because you would have to run like a 25 series tire. 22s is somewhat pushing it for a 4/6 but is very doable. 265/35/22 would be the best size tire to run.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yeah and 24's are too big looking for obs wheel well's, I'd go with the 265/35/22's like mentioned above.

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey thanks I will go with 22's and that size tire. Is offset and width an issue?

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yes you need to be sure to get wheel's that will tuck and not stick out, and you don't want to go to wide in the front for sure, when you pick a wheel out post it up on here.

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes you need to be sure to get wheel's that will tuck and not stick out, and you don't want to go to wide in the front for sure, when you pick a wheel out post it up on here.

Hey thanks what you recommend? I am new to this so what width will tuck and look good? Any info will be great. I should be doing drop in about 2 weeks so I wanna get rims b4 already have style picked just need help with width and offset.

DRAGGIN95

Warranty Killer!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Man to be honest there are ton's of style's out there, it's just personal preference, I like billet wheel's and also some of the Boss wheel's like the 335, I would suggest however that you not go wider than a 22x9 especially in the front, otherwise you will be replacing lot's of balljoints, and steering parts. Like I said earlier when you find a wheel you like post it up with the specs so we can check it out.

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Man to be honest there are ton's of style's out there, it's just personal preference, I like billet wheel's and also some of the Boss wheel's like the 335, I would suggest however that you not go wider than a 22x9 especially in the front, otherwise you will be replacing lot's of balljoints, and steering parts. Like I said earlier when you find a wheel you like post it up with the specs so we can check it out.

Well I am wanting to go with the iroc replica. The only info on some that I saw were that they were 22x9.5 that's about it no offset or anything. Thanks for the help

Rich32

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I think it's this wheel, and it only comes in one offset, it definitly won't tuck, it say's +10 on the offset, typically you would want a wheel that wide to be somewhere like +25 to +35 to tuck.http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/22-I...r_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4aabcff3f3

Hey thanks for reply I was looking the Boss 335 is close to what I wanted. I will go with that style. Thanks for all the help. I will post pics when I am done with drop and rims. Should be a few weeks.