2wd front end steering/suspension mods????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vandyguy18

Reaction score
I am putting a 4" lift on it and wanted to know everything I can do to make it the best possible front end. This truck will be driven 2-4 times a week. Has a 5.7. I just swapped to six lug rotors as well. Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
First, I'd swap in a 6 lug rear to match the front. I assume you haven't since you did not mention it.

On topic:
Rebuild the front end, steering box if it needs it, xj steering shaft (depends on your year if it will work), steering stabilizer from rough country (I don't have one but I'm sure they do some good). Other than that, there's not much.

Post pics of your truck! There's a 2wd thread around here somewhere. I'll try to find the link

michael hurd

Stalker be gone.
Reaction score
What you can do: apply grease to all greasable moving points.

Idler and pitman arms are problematic at best.

Steve's Chevy

OBSLESS
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If this is a 88-98 obs then the best possible front end is a pipe dream lol

I've rebuilt mine countless times, even with a steering stabilizer and the end results were...

It sucked .... just do what you can and go with it.....

Vandyguy18

Reaction score
I read up on the xj steering shaft not that bad of a job and I saw how someone put a 90-94 steering gear box off a 454ss on to a regular one said it made it tighter. But here's my truck before tearing it down

You must be registered for see images attach

Vandyguy18

Reaction score
First, I'd swap in a 6 lug rear to match the front. I assume you haven't since you did not mention it.

On topic:
Rebuild the front end, steering box if it needs it, xj steering shaft (depends on your year if it will work), steering stabilizer from rough country (I don't have one but I'm sure they do some good). Other than that, there's not much.

Post pics of your truck! There's a 2wd thread around here somewhere. I'll try to find the link
What about these

You must be registered for see images attach

95C1500

┌П┐(◣_◢)┌П┐
Reaction score
I have no experience with them so I couldn't tell you. I used all ACDELCO parts from rockauto

JSC63BH8

Reaction score
On my truck most of the slop is in the control arm bushings. They don't look to and but I can move them real easy with a prybar. My bushing kit is on the way.

Justin S

Truck Hoarder
Reaction score
i'm doing poly control arm bushings with a full steering component rebuild, plus already have the quick ratio gearbox, so hopefully it turns out tight!