2500 or 3500 vs 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
Just don't reef the bolts down with an impact, and measure the fender height before you start cranking. And get it aligned, people say after 2" get it aligned, I'd do it anyways, because if it's never been aligned like my truck was, there is a slot that needs to be punched out on the control arm, for the cam eccentric bolt to travel in.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
you mean measure the hieght to figure out how much it traveled? and yeah i have an alignment rack there too. but first things first, i got pitman and idler arms and picked up 4 gabrial shocks for 30 bucks on craigslist so i have to put those on. back to 2500's and 3500's for a second. i knew the leaf springs are swappable but i dont want the front end nose diving look, so i kept on reading, and they mentioned on of the trucks torsion bars being swappable and able to set the height more equal with the extra springs. is that true

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
you mean measure the hieght to figure out how much it traveled? and yeah i have an alignment rack there too. but first things first, i got pitman and idler arms and picked up 4 gabrial shocks for 30 bucks on craigslist so i have to put those on. back to 2500's and 3500's for a second. i knew the leaf springs are swappable but i dont want the front end nose diving look, so i kept on reading, and they mentioned on of the trucks torsion bars being swappable and able to set the height more equal with the extra springs. is that true

Measure from a flat ground to the middle of the lip of your front fender on both sides before you start cranking, crank evenly on both bolts, then measure again and see if both cranked evenly, sometimes 1 bar can be a little more worn than the other.

Has your truck been aligned before?

We had a 3/4 ton GMC truck at the Tech Center I went to, the bars and keys will most likely swap right out for the 1500 bars, I don't know if the Hex is larger on the end of the bar for the Control arm though. It seems to me the bar should just be able to hold more pounds.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
not too sure if the trucks been aligned before, just got it running well and bought it back in january, sonce then its just been drive to schools shop fix stuff. drive home. etc. now that front end is all being replaced im definitely going to do it though

RHamill

Ryan
Reaction score
not too sure if the trucks been aligned before, just got it running well and bought it back in january, sonce then its just been drive to schools shop fix stuff. drive home. etc. now that front end is all being replaced im definitely going to do it though

If you aren't getting new control arms, make sure you punch that slot out like I said before, if you are getting new control arms, punch them out before you even put them on the truck.