2500 or 3500 vs 1500

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ok so i know 2500 and 3500 4wd trucks sit higher, but why, what all is different compared to that of a k1500. and now if i chose to can i swap parts off of either or?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
Some parts will some won't. What are you interested in? The frames are different.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
the frames are different? oh pooey, suspension wise what can i swap over?

I've never heard of anyone doing it, so I assume it won't work. The front axle will not swap, but I don't know on the upper and lower control arms. If the 2500 and 3500 sit any higher it's minimal. They're very low compared to Fords and Dodges. A 1/2 ton Dodge sits higher than my 1-ton.

3quarter

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
after tryin to find a lift for my 3/4 2wd, i put it on a lift here at work, and did some investigating..

it LOOKS to me like the only difference is the spindle/hub assembly.. i dont see any reason i couldnt take a 1/2 ton spindle and hub and swap em to my 3/4.. but then i get into a whole different mess

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
towing wieght wise, a 2500's leaf springs are bigger, the whole ifs is built up bigger, so couldnt you switch those so the truck will sit a little bit higher, and youll have the towing and weight capablities of that of a 2500?

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
towing wieght wise, a 2500's leaf springs are bigger, the whole ifs is built up bigger, so couldnt you switch those so the truck will sit a little bit higher, and youll have the towing and weight capablities of that of a 2500?

You might be able to swap the front control arms, but the front axle won't swap. The rear axle and springs will swap, I think. It won't be the same as a real 3/4 or 1-ton, Though. You won't get much, if any, extra height in the front. If you need a bit more weight carrying ability do the rear, but forget about the front....... it's just not worth it.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
well steer me straight on this, i always was under the presumption that the 2500's sat a little bit higher because the control arms had more length to them, had heavier duty springs, and better ifs axles and such. i dont want the fromt of my truck taking a nosedive if i put bigger leafs in the back.

454cid

Sooper Pooper
Reaction score
well steer me straight on this, i always was under the presumption that the 2500's sat a little bit higher because the control arms had more length to them, had heavier duty springs, and better ifs axles and such. i dont want the fromt of my truck taking a nosedive if i put bigger leafs in the back.

I've never noticed much of a height difference. The heavy 3/4 and 1 ton may be slightly taller, but not a lot. If you're after cheap height, crank your torsion bars a little bit. Stiffer springs don't necessarily mean more height, in regard to the rear.

TylerZ281500

Yukon Ridin High
Reaction score
ok maybe im thinking of the 3500's then
i mean i want the truck to sit a little higher but a lift isnt up my alley, i dont know why its just not me. and id like to have that extra ability to have more wieght. hopefully someone who knows more about heavier duty trucks can chime in and help me out