2000 GMC K3500...This may take me awhile to finish!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I'll have a look at the road armor ones and see. I just have to make sure it supplies airflow for the diesels lol

I would check ebay too, I know they have a few too cause I've ran across them looking for stock replacements, sometimes you can find "Buy It Now" sales that have good deals on shipping...

If not I would just google search 88-98 off road bumpers and see what you find.... they're pricey though.

2KGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I did find a Ranch Hand Ledgend series front bumper on EBay for $1600....that may happen next year when I get the funds.

I do have a question on something not bumper related...I am wondering if things are running good or not with my engine cause when I accelerate I get no black smoke at all regardless of how much peddle I give it. I have read that this is something that you want and you don't want black smoke as this is a sign of unburnt fuel usually but shouldn't I get something though. Keep in mind that I have replaced pretty much the entire fuel system.

JScott23

8 Lug Expert
Reaction score
I did find a Ranch Hand Ledgend series front bumper on EBay for $1600....that may happen next year when I get the funds.

I do have a question on something not bumper related...I am wondering if things are running good or not with my engine cause when I accelerate I get no black smoke at all regardless of how much peddle I give it. I have read that this is something that you want and you don't want black smoke as this is a sign of unburnt fuel usually but shouldn't I get something though. Keep in mind that I have replaced pretty much the entire fuel system.

6.5's don't really "Roll Coal" if thats what you want you should probably look into other diesels... no offense.

6.5's are just going to be a decent powered little eco friendly diesel. They're not coal rollers, sled pullers or anything like that. Just not designed to handle it. The most you're going to get is a puff of black at a quick acceleration (turbo lag) but if you have the stock exhaust the soot trap will eat that up.

2KGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh.. No I wasn't meaning I wanted it to smoke and I know it's not going to be a power house of torque. I'm very pleased with it just the way it is Im just wanting to make sure things are running as they should. And no offense taken Jscott I personally am not a fan of rolling coal as its called.

2KGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm starting to wonder if I might be the only 6.5TD owner on here as it seems everyone has gas trucks :lol:. It's ok though it's not what's inside that matters it's what's on the outside :).

Disregard this as I'm an idiot and wasn't paying attention and now I can't seem to delete this :nono:

2KGMC

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I added some grounding cables to the truck. Made them out of battery cables and welding terminals. Then ran one from the engine to the frame and one from the body to the frame. Still want to add a few more though in key spots. I'll post pics as soon as I can.

But my restoration of the beast will mostly be slowed down a lot due to the wife and I buying a home in a few months so funds are limited.