2000 Crew Cab Classic drop 3/4 or 5/7?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

24c3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Does anybody have any pics of a OBS Crew Cab with a 5/7 drop on it? I have found some with a 3/4 drop but none with the 5/7. I plan on dropping mine but done know how much I should drop it. Also what size rims and tires to go with... thinking of some 20's with the 5/7 but don't if they will rub. Thanks guys

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I have a 5/8 drop on my crew cab. Drop spindles and lowering springs with half a coil cut and flip kit and drop shackles in rear on 22s. 265/35/22 front and 295/30/22 rear Hope it helps
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

24c3

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Damn that's a nice truck. That's what I want mine to end up looking like but I got a lot of work to do on it. Did you convert it to the 5 lug or is it the centurion conversion? Do the tires rub at all?

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Yes truck was converted from 8 lug to 5 lug. It used to rub, not to bad but it rubbed. But now i am tubbed in front and only rubs when i got the whole family and take a really sharp turn, like really sharp. Other then that everything is great

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No txwildman i have not. Found some bodywork under molding so left molding on until i repaint truck. Sucks, why what's up?

NEVR2LO

Reaction score
Yes truck was converted from 8 lug to 5 lug. It used to rub, not to bad but it rubbed. But now i am tubbed in front and only rubs when i got the whole family and take a really sharp turn, like really sharp. Other then that everything is great

How did you tub the front to stop it from rubbing! That's one cool looking crew cab "1sickcrewcab"

1sickcrewcab

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I took truck to a local custom shop called the drop shop and they tubbed it out for me. Sorry i dont have any pics but its just a basic trailor tub and some stuff under the hood relocated to make room for the new tubs. You just cut out old tub and weld new trailor fender tub up higher, so tire wont rub anymore. And thanks for the comments about my truck.

NEVR2LO

Reaction score
I took truck to a local custom shop called the drop shop and they tubbed it out for me. Sorry i dont have any pics but its just a basic trailor tub and some stuff under the hood relocated to make room for the new tubs. You just cut out old tub and weld new trailor fender tub up higher, so tire wont rub anymore. And thanks for the comments about my truck.

OK cool, I was thinking about raising the factory inners but it may be easier to slap in a set of trailer fenders. I just pulled my inners for now, but I'm still a little ways from driving it anyways. I just finally got it running about a month ago after the engine swap. If possible could you snap a couple of pics under the hood to show how they did it?
Keep the up the good work!