1badgmc's Suburban Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
i like the first set

That's one set of wheels. I'm going to run the black centers.

In the future I'd like to get a set of '94-'96 Impala SS 17s with smooth centers and maybe paint the spokes gray. I've even considered running the old 17" Welds that I had on my '91 back in the day, but they need a lot of work and they're a staggered set, which I don't really want on the Suburban as a daily.

Last edited:

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
I had sold the wheels to a friend. He was about to trade in his truck, so I bought them back. I don't think he polished them at all in the 2 years or so he had them and somehow, even with the 275/60 tires he had on them, he was able to curb 2 of them. Since the Suburban is just a driver and not a show truck, I could deal with the curb damage, but the finish needs way more elbow grease than I'm willing to spare right now.

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
The weather was really nice yesterday (finally!!) so I got out and swapped the rear bumper. It's nice to have a straight bumper on it now.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
hey man how did you replace those dash lights id love to do it in my 95 to match my headunit

1badgmc

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Pull the gauge cluster out and you'll see 6 twist-locks that hold the bulbs for the cluster lighting. Pull them out and replace them with the 194-style wedge-base LEDs of your choice.

jb034

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Thanks man. did you do the lights in the a/c controls too?