1999 K3500 CCSB Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was getting tired of seeing the old yellowed fender protector strips on the fenders and after burning through the eraser wheels, I decided to just cover it up. I purchased some automotive vinyl and it turned out ok for the time being and a little extra protection.
Before:
You must be registered for see images attach

After:

Also had some extra vinyl and thought I would see how the front GMC would look black, still thinking on this one...

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Vinyl fix looks real good. As does the emblem. Not too overplayed looking at all.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Finally had a chance to hook up to the enclosed car trailer for a test run. Eventhough it was empty, still pretty impressed with how it handled it compared to the daily driver I was using to pull it. Next up will be loading the trailer and taking it up the road

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
When my dually was stock, it would downshift at the sight of a trailer. I cleaned that all up with a tune so it holds a gear longer. If yours seems to love hanging out in 2nd and 3rd gear that'll be the fix. Plus there's good torque waiting to be unlocked.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
When my dually was stock, it would downshift at the sight of a trailer. I cleaned that all up with a tune so it holds a gear longer. If yours seems to love hanging out in 2nd and 3rd gear that'll be the fix. Plus there's good torque waiting to be unlocked.

Thanks, I appreciate the heads up. I'll start looking into a tune

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score

Did you have to go with the 411 ecu to get a decent tune? I don't pull with any regularity but wouldn't mind a little more power/efficiency.

Supercharged111

Truly Awesome
Reaction score
Did you have to go with the 411 ecu to get a decent tune? I don't pull with any regularity but wouldn't mind a little more power/efficiency.

The 98+ trucks are supported by EFILive. Were my truck NA and 98+, I may not have bothered with the 411 on a 454 to keep startup, transient, and idle stuff correct.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Loaded up the trailer and pulled it with the dually for the first time. Not too many complaints at all, it is mostly flat here, but will still be looking to do the tune to hold the gears a little longer.