1999 K3500 CCSB Dually

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recently picked up a 1999 Crew Cab dually shortbed. 4X4, leather, auto, 454 with 90k original miles. Will be making it into my daily driver.

Yes, well aware of the drinking problem these trucks have, but life is too short to measure in miles per gallon, we measure in smiles per gallon.

How she looked when I picked her up:

Late 90's time capsule with the tail light covers, aluminum mud flaps, and brush guard.
You must be registered for see images attach

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
Nice pickup. Was the short bed a custom job?

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looks TOUGH man! Look forward to seeing what you do with it. What's the general plan?

Thank you! The general plan is to keep it close to stock looking with modern conveniences.

So far I have replaced the front rotors, calipers, pad, and hoses, rear shoes and wheel cylinders, all 4 shocks . New belt, belt tensioner and all hoses under the hood, overflow tank, new tires roof lights, fender lights, recoated the frame, removed all of the faded emblems, removed the chrome wheel simulators and painted wheels stock gray until I can decide on different ones. Then finally cut/buffed and polished it up. Turned out ok for 21 year old paint and sitting out side most of its life . I'll post more pictures below

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a little polishing and a lot of elbow grease

New lights to replace the missing ones

Stickers and emblems removed with the painted wheels as it sits today.

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score
I was about to say, dang got all that done already, where are the pics?! Ha!

Keep them coming.

As for the stock wheels I have come to live the stock steelies with the trim rings and will be keeping them on my 3/4 ton but I'm also going to paint the wheels themselves body color.

Cant wait to see what else happens with this thing. My #1 recommendation is the steering wheel upgrade for modernizing the interior.

dwilliams471

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
The wheels are growing on me and I'm currently looking for trim rings and stock center caps for the steelies now.

I will have to check out the steering wheel upgrade you mentioned as well. Thanks again!

phatphuck

plus sized grandpa
Reaction score