1998 Silverado Z71

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

StedsonZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Haha everything on this truck, including the truck its self was bought and paid for by me. And I was gonna sell it because I found a Crew Cab like mine but charcoal grey and debadged. lifted with 36s and all leather. He sold it before I could buy it though. And I have a few next to by buddys 97 with some crank
You must be registered for see images attach

Me and my dads lowered 06

Horns

Tiff's Wedding Crasher
Reaction score
I heard you need some pipes inspected. ;)

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Hey buddy, just thought i'd tell you, you NEED a cowl hood and visor!

StedsonZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense but I personally dont think either of those things make a truck look good. A small cowl like 1-2" might would do but I still like the stock hood better. Little update though, I ordered a 52" LED light bar for my roof, Im in the process of getting mounts made now. And haha Jack that was still the best IG fight of all time

Last edited:

Gopedxr

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Love this truck! That color looks great a long with all the upgrades.

Amp24 7

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
No offense but I personally dont think either of those things make a truck look good. A small cowl like 1-2" might would do but I still like the stock hood better. Little update though, I ordered a 52" LED light bar for my roof, Im in the process of getting mounts made now. And haha Jack that was still the best IG fight of all time
Different strokes for different folks I suppose. Still my favorite truck on gmt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StedsonZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yeah but I do love cowls on RCSB 400s, that just sets them off. Just cant see mine with one. And thanks! Shes faced some abuse in the past few months so after the LED bar ill be fixing stuff instead of adding stuff. And pewter is one of my favorite colors next to silver and charcoal grey. I like paint that glimmers haha

StedsonZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Newest thing to the build. A 52" Digi Diodes LED Light bar. Hooked it up to a battery charger to test it, its BRIGHT!

Spot and flood combo

I actually bought this about 3 weeks ago. Since then Ive been running around to fab shops and all to get some mounts made. Finally my dad told me he could make some at work. Just got them last night. I took measurements of the roof and LED bar to find out how much they need to bend in or out. The bar with the factory brackets is 53-3/8" and my roof is around 53" from door jam to door jam. So my idea is to make mounts that screw inside the door jam instead of on top of the roof. Then I drew exactly what I wanted with the exact dimensions and he made one.

Here is the bar with the mounts on it. Next step is find out the placement in my door jams, trim the bottom to fit to the contour, powder coat them then finally the final mount and wire it up!

StedsonZ71

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mocked it up yesterday!! Got the holes drilled in the cab, bracket bent and trimmed to fit the door jam and everything needed to have it mounted. I gave them to my friend last night and he had them powder coated and I already got them back! Sort of a semi gloss black. Ill post pics of the finished product later once I mount it for the final time but heres some teasers!

I rounded that front corner off so its a little smoother now

We made some more bends to fill some of the gaps because me and my dad are both perfectionists haha.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks awesome!!

Sent from my SCH-R530U using Tapatalk