1998 K2500 Single Cab Short Bed

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98_k1500

strange noises are normal
Reaction score
Got her tagged and insured :banana-mario::gr_grin::gr_grin::gr_grin: After i mount my tires this afternoon about all she'll lack is a receiver hitch, the shifter boots being mounted, and the interior light fixed.

thz71

Stock SUCKS!
Reaction score
Looks great man how much lift did lowering the spring hangers give ya?

98_k1500

Reaction score
Roughly 1.5-2". It only lifted the rear half of the distance the front hanger was moved down. Yes, it did hurt the pinion angle slightly, but nothing major. Not causing any problems so far.

98_k1500

Reaction score
I am going to try to get yall some pics up with the new wheels. Sad to say, but i put them on before i had it aligned after pretty much a complete front end rebuild. Ate most of the 1/4 inch of tread they had off. Front two are practically bald. Tried her out a little off road over the weekend, gonna have to have some tires before she sees any deep mud, but she pulls like a BOSS anywhere she can get any traction. I had it aligned and it drives really nice and rides exceptionally well for a 3/4 ton, especially a short one. The biggest thing i still lack is building a receiver hitch. I don't wanna get her stuck and not have anything to hook to. I also need some longer exhaust. Its cut off between the bed and cab right now. Drone in the cab is unreal above 55 mph with the 4.10 gears.

98_k1500

Reaction score
I guess my signature needs updated now, and my screen name don't make much sense anymore since i now have a 2500 lol.

98_k1500

Reaction score
Not a good pic, but its all i have right now. Its in the parking lot at work.
You must be registered for see images attach

I love these 8 lug wheels, the pic does not do them justice.

Last edited: