1998 K1500 4x4

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wadew98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey guys,
So heres my "build" of my truck. Just really basic stuff for the most part. Funny thing is ive probably worked more on my friends trucks than I have on my own, which both are dodges. Glad I have a chevy, I guess lol.

So here she is, on one of the happiest days of my life when the guy we purchased it from parked in our driveway. She was real clean only a little touch of rust on the drivers side door.
You must be registered for see images attach

The truck had stock wheels and some BGF M/Ts on her. The tires were in pretty nice condition, and the truck also came with a fiberglass bed cover that could raise and lower.

wadew98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
New airfilter

So one of the first things I did was order a K&N airfilter for the truck. I played with the idea of buying a cold air intake but eventually decided to save my money :( . I guess i could still buy a cold air setup to replace the stock airbox and intake, but so far Ill just be happy with it, somewhat following the rule "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" lol.

The stock airfilter looked pretty bad when i pulled it out, so the brand new K&N filter made all the difference when I put it in the airbox. For anyone that wants to buy a K&N filter, theyre really easy to install (5 minutes or less for me to swap and install), and you never have to buy a paper filter element again (so ive been told), and they can be cleaned and reused many times ( again, personally havent tested that idea, but will update if problems occur with mine :) ) .
)

Soon after opening the box its in there and looks pretty durn good in there.

wadew98

OBS Enthusiast
Reaction score
Recent update lol,
Waiting for spring and warm weather to stick around so trying to repair the exhaust leak at the cat. Also gonna need an oil change soon and sparkplugs I'm thinking. And drivers side door handle is cracked so a trip to the junkyard is also planned.

Sent from off the beaten path