1997 SCSB 1500 (Build in progress)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got the lift and ball joints today... I have the IFS unbolted, bump stops cut off. I need to pull the front differential and then I'm ready to start re installation. (In the mean time I am ordering all new bushings front & rear, tie rods, sway bar links, idler & pitman arm).

Starting to get excited, after everything I'm replacing I pretty much have a brand new truck besides for the 120k drivetrain (freshly rebuilt trans though).

Hezsus

Mr. Truck
Reaction score
use big ol pcs of wood as jackstands.. i could never trust a jackstand. when i unlaoded my tbars they went loose and floppy, no pressure on them whatsoever whe i took them out.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Got a bit done over the past few days between all of the rain.

Got upper/lower ball joints:
You must be registered for see images

Got the 6" lift:

Took the control arms/axles off in one piece:

Cut off the bump stops:

Got the front differential out & cut off part of the driver's side bracket:

Upper control arm drop brackets are mounted:

Torsion cross member drop brackets are mounted:

I don't have much I can do besides separate the control arms, steering, and put the lower control arm brackets - front differential brackets/mount differential, and mount the lower control arm drop brackets. My bank put a hold on my account until Tuesday because of the amount of money I spent online in a single day :uhoh2:

I am changing everything while it's apart so on Tuesday I'll be ordering inner/outer tie rods, tie rod sleeves, pitman arm, idler arm, control arm bushings and leafspring/hanger bushings. :evillol:

In the future on a boring day after work (in the shop) maybe I'll get the torsion bar flip brackets to raise the bars up but I don't find them necessary since I won't be playing in anything other than mud. Oh and of course I'll be re-gearing before that.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Ah now I gotta wait for parts... can't do anything until they come.

Which is good I guess. Now my bank account can recuperate for a week or two.

zraffz

I'm Awesome
Reaction score
Parts are coming in but I'm too sick to do anything. Horrible sinus infection.